Parkites: City Hall is good, but what’s up with Washington?
December 7, 2013
Parkites are happier with the services they receive from City Hall than those from Washington.
Much happier, according to a wide-ranging survey City Hall conducted earlier in 2013.
According to the results, 80 percent of the Parkites who answered the question say the quality of services provided by the municipal government are excellent or good. Nearly a quarter of the people who were surveyed, 24 percent, said the municipal services were excellent.
Washington did not receive anywhere near the same positive reaction. The results showed that 57 percent of the Parkites who answered the question said the services provided by the federal government are fair or poor. Of those, 30 percent said the services from Washington, D.C., are poor. The survey results showed 43 percent saw the federal services as excellent or good. Of those, 8 percent labeled the services from the federal government as excellent.
A small number of Parkites — 5 percent — saw the services provided by the municipal government as poor while another 15 percent rated them as fair. Parkites, generally, have long been pleased with the services provided by the municipal government.
People were chosen randomly to receive the survey. The survey was conducted in June and July, before the partial shutdown of the federal government in the fall.
Recommended Stories For You
In a related set of questions centered on municipal services, the local government also fared well. The questions included topics like:
Trending In: Park City
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School