Parkites: City Hall is good, but what’s up with Washington?
December 7, 2013
Parkites are happier with the services they receive from City Hall than those from Washington.
Much happier, according to a wide-ranging survey City Hall conducted earlier in 2013.
According to the results, 80 percent of the Parkites who answered the question say the quality of services provided by the municipal government are excellent or good. Nearly a quarter of the people who were surveyed, 24 percent, said the municipal services were excellent.
Washington did not receive anywhere near the same positive reaction. The results showed that 57 percent of the Parkites who answered the question said the services provided by the federal government are fair or poor. Of those, 30 percent said the services from Washington, D.C., are poor. The survey results showed 43 percent saw the federal services as excellent or good. Of those, 8 percent labeled the services from the federal government as excellent.
A small number of Parkites — 5 percent — saw the services provided by the municipal government as poor while another 15 percent rated them as fair. Parkites, generally, have long been pleased with the services provided by the municipal government.
People were chosen randomly to receive the survey. The survey was conducted in June and July, before the partial shutdown of the federal government in the fall.
Recommended Stories For You
In a related set of questions centered on municipal services, the local government also fared well. The questions included topics like:
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Resort announces capital improvements for 2019/2020 winter
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Meet Luke Cartin, Park City’s new Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Man killed by falling ice in Park City recalled as eloquent
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Three generations help Red Banjo Pizza maintain its tradition
- UPDATED: Man pleads guilty in wife’s 2017 Park City hotel murder