Patio furniture stolen from Prospector restaurant, then returned
June 6, 2014
Patio furniture was stolen from a Prospector restaurant sometime in May, the Park City Police Department said, indicating it appeared more than one person was involved in the theft.
Rick Ryan, a police captain, said eight tables and 10 chairs were taken from a fenced patio. The furniture is made of metal and has a bronze or rust-colored finish.
A co-owner of Fuego Bistro and Pizzeria said four of the tables and six of the chairs were later returned.
The case was reported at 11:14 a.m. on May 27. Ryan said the furniture was taken sometime between May 20 and the time of the report. The restaurant did not immediately realize the furniture was missing, Ryan said.
The furniture was new. The tables and chairs were stacked rather than set out for diners, Ryan said.
Ryan said the perpetrators apparently climbed the fence and took the furniture. Police logs indicated the fence is seven feet tall. Ryan said there was no evidence of someone attempting to break into the inside part of the restaurant. Nothing else was taken, he said.
Recommended Stories For You
"It appears they were specifically after those items," Ryan said.
Jason Crobarger, one of the owners of the restaurant, said the four tables and six chairs that were returned reappeared sometime before Tuesday. He assumes the furniture was tossed over the fence when it was returned. The furniture will be used on an outside deck the restaurant is building, he said.
Crobarger said the tables are valued at a little more than $40 each while the chairs are pegged at $24.99 each.
People with information about the case may contact the Police Department. The main number is 615-5500. The department’s anonymous-tip line is 615-5847. The department also offers an online tip form, http://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=994.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Social justice and engineering collide at VR summit in Park City
- Wells Fargo initiates massive foreclosure case against Talisker
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Letters: Orrin Hatch put politics over country