Person pounds on pans to shoo away moose in Park City
August 22, 2017
The Park City Police Department last week continued to receive reports of moose sightings as the animals have appeared in or close to neighborhoods at lower elevations.
Someone was reportedly seen attempting to get the animals to leave in one of the cases logged last week.
The cases included:
On Sunday, meanwhile, a moose and a calf were seen on Quaking Aspen Court at 4:40 p.m. Someone was reportedly seen trying to move the animals by "pounding on pans non stop," the police were told. The person was using the pots since 10 a.m., according to Police Department logs. The police classified the case as suspected disturbing the peace.
The cases involving moose sightings last week followed shortly after a string of reports the previous week, including on Lowell Avenue, Park Avenue and S.R,. 224.
Trending In: Park City
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case