Person pounds on pans to shoo away moose in Park City
August 22, 2017
The Park City Police Department last week continued to receive reports of moose sightings as the animals have appeared in or close to neighborhoods at lower elevations.
Someone was reportedly seen attempting to get the animals to leave in one of the cases logged last week.
The cases included:
On Sunday, meanwhile, a moose and a calf were seen on Quaking Aspen Court at 4:40 p.m. Someone was reportedly seen trying to move the animals by "pounding on pans non stop," the police were told. The person was using the pots since 10 a.m., according to Police Department logs. The police classified the case as suspected disturbing the peace.
The cases involving moose sightings last week followed shortly after a string of reports the previous week, including on Lowell Avenue, Park Avenue and S.R,. 224.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City enlists help in absence of arrested attorney
- Park City police order woman out of McPolin Farm encampment
- New Main Street Deli owners take fresh look at established restaurant
- Silver Creek residents upset over neighbor’s plans for indoor soccer facility
- Mountain Town News: Dispatch from Crested Butte as Vail Resorts moves in