Picnickers, others seen at Aerie water tank as reports continue
April 22, 2014
The Park City Police Department last week continued to receive reports of people atop or close to the Masonic water tank off the Aerie, the latest in a series of cases in recent weeks. The tank is located off Mellow Mountain Road and is accessible from a nearby trail.
The cases last week included:
The Police Department typically handles the cases as trespassing, and people found on the tank are usually warned.
The cases last week followed nearly 20 similar ones recently. Park City officials say people enjoy the views from atop the tank. They also warn that people are prohibited from the site.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City Planning Commission turns over
- Park City house, highly visible, deemed not to be historic
- Way We Were: A Journey Interrupted, part two
- Utah’s Medicaid expansion debate isn’t over, as The Project for Deeper Understanding rounds up advocates
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem