Police Blotter | ParkRecord.com

Police Blotter

The Park City Police Department received at least nine complaints last week reporting on other drivers operating their vehicles in a reckless and/or dangerous manner. At least four of them took place during the morning or early afternoon, and most included sightings of weaving, driving in opposing traffic lanes and speeding.

Two incidents involved construction vehicles moving at 10 m.p.h. down Marsac Avenue, inspiring drivers behind them to pass on either side and driving on the wrong side of the road.

Other incidents reported to the Police Department between July 10 and 16 included:

Monday, July 10, at 5:22 p.m., a fawn was spotted in a residential yard, scared and possibly hurt and limping.

Tuesday, July 11, at 12:36 p.m. someone called in to report that their car has been broken into while standing in a parking lot off S.R. 224. The caller reported that broken glass was on the passenger side.

A young bear was in the yard of a house on Aerie Drive on July 11 at 6:01 p.m.

Recommended Stories For You

A suspicious person was reported seen on the roof of the Old Town Post Office at 12:54 a.m. on Wednesday, July 12.

A homeowner reported a bear came into their garage on Wednesday, July 12, at 11:06 a.m. and tipped over the garbage can.In an unrelated call, three males were reported tipping over garbage cans on Main Street at 11:37 p.m. that same day.

Thursday, July 13, Park City Mountain advised police officers two moose were in the base area in a high-traffic guest location.

A roof was reported on fire somewhere on Eagle Landing Court on Friday, July 14 at 7:20 a.m. The fire was thought to be due to a downed electricalwire and flames were visible.

A woman called in Friday at 3:11 p.m. asking if she could shoot the marmot hiding under the hot tub since traps were not working.

The police received a report of a break-in and burglary in a vehicle parked in the China Bridge parking structure at 1:39 p.m., Saturday, July 15. Several items were reported missing after the car had been parked on the second level for four hours.

Sunday evening, at 6:05 p.m., the police received a report of someone on top of a ski lift tower, about seven towers from Main Street.