Police continue search for suspects in Main Street confrontation
March 22, 2013
A man claimed he was knocked unconscious during a confrontation along Main Street in early morning hours on Tuesday, the Park City Police Department said.
The police received the report at 11:20 a.m. on Tuesday, hours after the incident. Phil Kirk, a police captain, said the confrontation occurred sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
Kirk said the man was with a male friend at a restaurant-bar and encountered a woman who was a friend of the man’s ex-wife. The man and the woman started to argue before the man and his friend left, Kirk said.
The man, though, returned and continued the argument on the Main Street sidewalk outside the restaurant-bar, Kirk said, describing that a shouting match ensued. The man told the police the people with the woman attacked him. Three men assaulted him, the police were told. They "rushed him," Kirk said.
They punched the man an undetermined number of times, Kirk said. He told the police he lost consciousness during the attack.
The man, who is 30 years old and lives in Park Meadows, went to the Park Avenue police station later in the day to report the confrontation. He told the police he might have suffered a concussion. An ambulance was called to the police station for him. Kirk said the man declined to be transported to a hospital.
Recommended Stories For You
The man identified the other people involved and wants to press charges, Kirk said. The Police Department has spoken to the friend of the man’s ex-wife, he said. The investigation was continuing on Friday.
People with information about the case may contact the Police Department at 615-5500 or the department’s anonymous-tip line, 615-5847. The department also offers an online tip form. The direct link is: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=994.
Trending In: Park City
- Autumn Aloft hot air balloon festival returns to Park City
- Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’ brings funky Halloween fun to Park City
- Treasure looms large as talks about nearby Park City project start
- Park City drivers go around and around traffic circle rules
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits