Police officer stops bicyclist in Prospector
March 4, 2014
A Park City police officer stopped a bicyclist in Prospector Sunday evening, indicating the person committed a moving violation.
Public police logs indicated the bicyclist was eastbound on Sidewinder Drive at 7:26 p.m. when an officer watched the person fail to stop at a stop sign. The bicyclist might have been making a turn at the time, the logs showed. The bicyclist was apparently stopped on the 2100 block of Comstock Drive. Sidewinder Drive and Comstock Drive are intersecting streets.
The officer warned the person for not stopping at the stop sign, the police said.
Bicyclists are required to follow the same traffic laws as drivers. The Police Department occasionally stops bicyclists for violating traffic laws. They are typically warned.
Trending In: Park City
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business