Power outage hits Old Town
February 18, 2016
A transformer attached to a power pole in Old Town failed Thursday morning, causing a power outage in parts of the neighborhood, a Park City official said.
Hugh Daniels, who manages City Hall’s emergency programs, said the transformer is located on the 500 block of Park Avenue. The cause of the failure was not immediately known, but there was windy, wintry weather on Thursday morning.
Daniels said the outage impacted Main Street, Woodside Avenue, Park Avenue, Swede Alley and Marsac Avenue. It was not clear which sections of the streets lost power. Daniels said the Marsac Building was one of the places where the power went out.
Rocky Mountain Power said in an online posting the outage affected upward of 1,239 customers. The company estimated power would be restored at 12:30 p.m.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City ballerina leaps into World Ballet Art Competition in San Diego
- Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’ brings funky Halloween fun to Park City
- Autumn Aloft hot air balloon festival returns to Park City
- Veteran Park City developer joins Bonanza Park team
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)