Power outage hits Old Town
February 18, 2016
A transformer attached to a power pole in Old Town failed Thursday morning, causing a power outage in parts of the neighborhood, a Park City official said.
Hugh Daniels, who manages City Hall’s emergency programs, said the transformer is located on the 500 block of Park Avenue. The cause of the failure was not immediately known, but there was windy, wintry weather on Thursday morning.
Daniels said the outage impacted Main Street, Woodside Avenue, Park Avenue, Swede Alley and Marsac Avenue. It was not clear which sections of the streets lost power. Daniels said the Marsac Building was one of the places where the power went out.
Rocky Mountain Power said in an online posting the outage affected upward of 1,239 customers. The company estimated power would be restored at 12:30 p.m.
Trending In: Park City
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business