Power outage hits Old Town
February 18, 2016
A transformer attached to a power pole in Old Town failed Thursday morning, causing a power outage in parts of the neighborhood, a Park City official said.
Hugh Daniels, who manages City Hall’s emergency programs, said the transformer is located on the 500 block of Park Avenue. The cause of the failure was not immediately known, but there was windy, wintry weather on Thursday morning.
Daniels said the outage impacted Main Street, Woodside Avenue, Park Avenue, Swede Alley and Marsac Avenue. It was not clear which sections of the streets lost power. Daniels said the Marsac Building was one of the places where the power went out.
Rocky Mountain Power said in an online posting the outage affected upward of 1,239 customers. The company estimated power would be restored at 12:30 p.m.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Social justice and engineering collide at VR summit in Park City
- Wells Fargo initiates massive foreclosure case against Talisker
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested