Scooter riders buzz into the City Park skate park
June 18, 2013
The Park City Police Department last week received a complaint that scooters were being used at the skate park at City Park, something that is prohibited.
The Police Department on Saturday, June 15 at 5:35 p.m. was told two young boys were riding scooters in the skate park.
Shortly afterward, at 5:58 p.m., a police officer patrolling City Park gave Slurpee coupons to two young boys who were wearing helmets while riding scooters. It was not clear from police logs whether the two boys rewarded for wearing helmets were the same as those seen in the skate park.
The Police Department has responded to complaints over the years about scooter riders in the skate park as well as bicyclists in the skate park. Both are prohibited.
On Friday, June 14 at 9:26 p.m., meanwhile, approximately five people refused to leave the skate park at City Park. The police classified the case as disorderly conduct, but public police logs did not provide details.
Trending In: Park City
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Guest editorial: Council mistake illustrates messy path ahead in Park City’s social equity push
- Vail Resorts sees net revenue increase despite low snow