Ski Team, Backcountry.com CEOs will speak about entrepreneurship
March 15, 2013
Two executives are scheduled to talk about entrepreneurship in Park City during an event on Monday evening.
Bill Marolt, who is the president and CEO of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association, is set to appear with the CEO of Backcountry.com, Jill Layfield. Marolt’s organization is based at Quinn’s Junction while Backcountry.com is headquartered in the Snyderville Basin.
The event is scheduled at 7 p.m. at the Santy Auditorium in the Park City Library and Education Center. It was organized by Leadership Park City, a yearlong program meant to prepare participants for wider roles in the local public, private and not-for-profit sectors. The event is free and open to the public.
Marolt oversees one of Park City’s highest-profile organizations. The Ski and Snowboard Association is the national governing body for the sports, and the organization has a critical role in athlete development and putting on events. Backcountry.com, meanwhile, is seen as one of the Park City’s area’s business successes as the area attempts to broaden the economy from one that has relied heavily on tourism.
The two will be "speaking and answering questions on how entrepreneurs of various stripes, both public and private, use clarity, vision and perseverance to create value and world class results," a release announcing the event says.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)