Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
January 11, 2016
A 60-year-old man from Utah died Sunday after a snowboarding accident at Park City Mountain Resort left him unresponsive.
Margo Van Ness, a senior manager of communications at PCMR, said in a press release the Park City Ski Patrol received a call at around 3:45 p.m. after the incident occurred on an intermediate trail at Park City Mountain Resort. The man’s name has not been released.
Ski Patrol unsuccessfully attempted resuscitation before transporting him down the mountain on a toboggan, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office. He was taken to the University of Utah Hospital via medical helicopter where he was later pronounced deceased.
Van Ness said Park City Mountain Resort, Park City Patrol and the Vail Resorts extend "their deepest sympathy and support to the family and friends of the man."
Summit County Sheriff’s Detective Kacey Bates said deputies responded to the accident to assist medical personnel. Bates said deputies retrieved the man’s personal items and photographed the scene, before adding that there will not be an investigation.
Trending In: Park City
- More than 350 pounds of marijuana seized in Summit County
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of fugitive in Oakley
- Marketplace: Cox Tires provides auto repair to Park City area
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction
- UPDATE: Park City School District names interim superintendent