Squatters leave food, trash on April Mountain in Park City
November 4, 2015
The Park City Police Department has received at least three recent reports involving people who might be homeless or otherwise living outdoors.
It was not clear from public police logs whether the same person or people were seen in each of the cases.
On Wednesday, Oct. 28, the police at 9:49 a.m. received a complaint that several people were squatting on April Mountain the past three weeks. They left food, trash and unspecified belongings at the site, the police were told. The case was logged on Aerie Drive, a street close to April Mountain.
Earlier that day, at 1:25 a.m., meanwhile, a person was seen sleeping in the Old Town transit center.
On Sunday, Oct. 25, a man was reportedly seen off the Rail Trail close to Bonanza Drive. The police were told it appeared he was homeless and camping.
The Police Department occasionally receives reports about people camping or living outdoors in Park City similar to the recent cases.
Trending In: Park City
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January