Sundance construction starts on Swede Alley
December 17, 2013
The Sundance Film Festival temporary pavilion under construction on Swede Alley will house a piece by artist Doug Aitken called "The Source (evolving)" discussing modern-day creativity. The pavilion will be part of Sundance’s New Frontier program, which is moving to Old Town after having been at The Yard and Miners Hospital in past years.
The majority of the New Frontier installations will be in the nearby Gateway Center.
Sundance-related activity is slowly starting in Park City, including the recent posting of a sign at the Gateway Center identifying the building as the location of the main box office.
Trending In: Park City
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street