Suspect in Park City vehicle break-ins apprehended in Salt Lake
February 12, 2014
The authorities in the Salt Lake Valley arrested a suspect over the weekend in at least three vehicle burglaries in Park City in addition to charges stemming from unspecified cases there, the Park City Police Department said.
Phil Kirk, a Park City captain, said the man is 24 years old and from Salt Lake City. The Unified Police Department arrested him in Salt Lake County, Kirk said. He said the Unified Police Department recovered property believed to have been stolen from vehicles in Park City last weekend. Kirk called the man a "strong suspect" in the Park City cases.
The man was found with skis and ski equipment that was taken from vehicles in Park City, according to Kirk.
In one of the cases the Park City police link to the suspect, ski equipment was taken in a vehicle burglary on the 2900 block of Deer Valley Drive. In an online statement, the Park City police said some of the stolen goods were returned to the victim on Sunday.
Other vehicle burglaries reported in Park City last week included:
Trending In: Park City
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum