Suspected marijuana baggie found in Empire Canyon
February 12, 2016
A small baggie containing a substance suspected to be marijuana was found in the snow at the southern end of Old Town on Tuesday, the Park City Police Department said.
The Police Department logged the report at 12:41 p.m. on Daly Avenue, a street that runs from the intersection with Main Street to the dead end at the entrance to Empire Canyon.
Phil Kirk, a police captain, said officers were summoned to Daly Avenue after a motorist became stuck in the snow. An officer assisting the motorist noticed the baggie in the snow close to where the police vehicle was parked. The location is nearby a waterworks building toward the bottom of Empire Canyon.
Kirk said it appeared the baggie had been in the snow for an extended period. The officer took the baggie as evidence.
He said the motorist who needed assistance is not suspected. The police, though, said one man was arrested on a charge of public intoxication.
"I think that’s highly unusual." Kirk said about the find.
Recommended Stories For You
Empire Canyon is a popular recreation area throughout the year. Snowshoers and cross-country skiers head into the canyon in the winter while hikers and bicyclists enjoy the area in the summer.
Trending In: Park City
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space