SUV collides with City Hall bus at busy intersection
March 4, 2014
A City Hall bus and a sport utility vehicle collided Monday afternoon at a busy Park City intersection, snarling traffic as emergency responders cleared the scene and investigated the accident.
The crash occurred at approximately 1:50 p.m. at the intersection of Park Avenue and Kearns Boulevard. The two roads are part of the state highway system. Park Avenue at that location is also known as S.R. 224 while Kearns Boulevard is designated S.R. 248.
The Utah Highway Patrol, the Park City Police Department and the Park City Fire District responded. A Park City police officer at the scene said the bus was turning left from Kearns Boulevard onto Park Avenue with a green light. The Ford Expedition failed to yield, hitting the bus, the police officer said.
The bus driver was taken to Park City Medical Center with minor injuries, the police said. One passenger was on the bus at the time and was not injured.
The driver of the Expedition was suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. The police did not immediately release information about the person.
Police officers directed traffic at the intersection as a lengthy backup ensued.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken