Treasure meetings headed to Marsac Building
October 14, 2016
The Park City Planning Commission intends to move meetings about the controversial Treasure development proposal to the Marsac Building after holding them in the more spacious Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library since the summer, a result of thinning crowds as the panel delved into a detailed review of the project.
The Planning Commission on Wednesday night briefly addressed the location of Treasure-related meetings as a part of a broader discussion of the project. The Planning Commission typically meets in the Park City Council chambers and opted to move to the Santy Auditorium to accommodate the larger crowds for Treasure.
The meeting on Wednesday night drew approximately 50 people to the Santy Auditorium. The auditorium can hold 500 people, according to City Hall. There is enough space in the City Council chambers at the Marsac Building to accommodate a crowd of 50 or so people.
Attendance at Treasure meetings have noticeably dropped since the summer, when the Treasure partnership re-engaged the Planning Commission after a hiatus in the discussions that stretched from 2010.
The next meeting is scheduled on Nov. 9. The public notice for that meeting will indicate it will be held at the Marsac Building. Bruce Erickson, the planning director at City Hall, said staffers prefer the City Council chambers and explained that the audio-visual capabilities are better there.
Adam Strachan, the chair of the Planning Commission, said Treasure meetings could return to the Santy Auditorium if a large crowd is expected for a certain topic, such as traffic.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Social justice and engineering collide at VR summit in Park City
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- Wells Fargo initiates massive foreclosure case against Talisker
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested
- Letters: Orrin Hatch put politics over country