Woman’s body found in Rotary Park
July 8, 2014
A body was discovered in the women’s bathroom at Rotary Park on Thursday, July 3, the Park City Police Department said, indicating the woman killed herself.
Rick Ryan, a police captain, said the woman was 19 years old and from Park City. The police received the report at 10:37 p.m., Ryan said park users discovered the body.
According to Ryan, the woman was missing for approximately five hours prior to the police report. Friends notified the Police Department the woman did not show up at work that day, he said.
Ryan said the friends were filing a missing-person report at the same time the police were investigating the death at Rotary Park.
Ryan said investigators did not find evidence of foul play.
The Police Department did not release the women’s name. Ryan said the death is a "huge tragedy."
Trending In: Park City
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality