Woodward Park City: the only action is a postponement
July 25, 2014
Nobody testified during a Park City Planning Commission hearing Wednesday about Park City Mountain Resort’s idea to build an action sports camp.
PCMR recently indicated it wanted the discussions about Woodward Park City postponed as it continues to work on the details of the proposal. The hearing on Wednesday was scheduled prior to the request for a postponement.
The Planning Commission on Wednesday agreed to an uncertain date for the next Woodward Park City hearing. At least three people were at the meeting to observe the hearing. They left after nobody spoke.
The Planning Commission did not discuss the Woodward Park City proposal at the meeting.
PCMR wants to alter a 1990s-era overall approval for development at the base area to allow Woodward Park City. The resort also is seeking the permit it needs to build the action sports camp itself. Woodward Park City would be built on part of the lower parking lot and would stretch onto the lower PCMR terrain.
The postponement, publicized earlier in July, was unexpected. PCMR said at the time it continues to pursue the project, however.
Recommended Stories For You
PCMR is expected to face questions about the look of Woodward Park City and the project’s impact on parking when it returns to the Planning Commission. People who live or have places close to PCMR, particularly the proposed Woodward Park City site, will likely closely monitor the discussions when they restart.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Storm brings awful road conditions to Park City area
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Dana Williams, a ‘real town’ mayor, retires after 12 years
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)