Police Blotter | ParkRecord.com

Police Blotter


On Sunday, April 18 at 9:40 p.m. the police were called to a restaurant-nightclub on Main Street after a man was not let inside. The person was intoxicated, the police were told. The police were told the man might have been arrested earlier in the evening elsewhere in Park City.

Someone called the Police Department from Park Avenue at 9:04 p.m., reporting that a car had been parked with its lights on outside the caller’s house. The person wanted the police to check out the car.

The police were summoned to the 1400 block of Sullivan Road, on the edge of City Park, at 7:05 p.m. to investigate some people who were reportedly drunk and riding skateboards. They looked like they were in their 20s, the police were told.

Someone claimed they were assaulted on the 1300 block of Lowell Avenue at 4:52 p.m. Public police logs did not provide details.

A traffic accident was reported on the 500 block of Swede Alley at 1:33 p.m. The police said there was damage, but nobody was injured.

At 12:17 p.m., someone on the 500 block of Main Street lodged a complaint that a parking meter was not properly reading credit cards. The meter was on the east side of the street.

Recommended Stories For You

The police received a report of a skunk being found on the side of the road on Lucky John Drive. It was not clear, though, from police logs whether the animal was alive. It was seen at 12:08 p.m.

An officer came across an idling vehicle without someone inside on the 1800 block of Kearns Boulevard at 10:05 a.m.

At 1:42 a.m., a man reportedly stole items from a purse inside a nightclub on the 400 block of Main Street.

An officer found what was described as a "large amount" of beer bottles dumped close to Main Street on the 500 block of Swede Alley. The officer requested someone clean them up.

On Saturday, April 17 at 10:07 p.m., a driver called the police complaining about a man on Evening Star Drive walking a dog off a leash. The person said the man walking the dog shined a flashlight in his face, almost causing an accident. The person told the police the two then exchanged words.

An officer was stationed on the 600 block of Deer Valley Drive monitoring drivers in the 3 p.m. hour for 45 minutes. The police said 38 vehicles passed heading southbound, and five were stopped at more than 10 mph above the speed limit. Public police logs did not provide information about warnings or tickets.

A fight was reported in a nightclub on the 200 block of Main Street at 1:07 a.m. There was another fight reported in the same nightclub earlier in the evening.

On Friday, April 16 at 3:40 p.m., a large piece of ice fell off a roof, possibly damaging a vehicle below. The ice was on a building on the 8700 block of Marsac Avenue.

A moose was seen off S.R. 224 close to the McPolin Farm at 2:14 p.m. It was descending a hillside, and the police were told the animal might be trying to cross the state highway. Earlier that day, at 7:58 a.m., the police were told two moose had been spotted in the vicinity of the S.R. 224-Meadows Drive intersection. The intersection is close to the location of the later sighting.

On Thursday, April 15 at 1:25 a.m., four trash cans at the Main Street-Heber Avenue intersection caught fire. An officer used an extinguisher to put out the fire.

On Wednesday, April 14 at 11:25 a.m., someone told the police a truck on the 1400 block of Munchkin Road had been broken into.

On Tuesday, April 13 at 6:59 p.m., kids were seen throwing snowballs in the vicinity of Comstock Drive.

At 6:51 p.m., two suspected shopliftres were caught on the 900 block of Iron Horse Drive.

Someone on the 2200 block of Deer Valley Drive reported skis had been stolen. The police received the complaint at 6:51 p.m.

The Police Department received a complaint that tires had twice been slashed on a vehicle on the 1900 block of Prospector Avenue.

On Monday, April 12 at 9:36 a.m., a dog was seen running into the Racquet Club. The dog belongs to someone who lives across the street from the Little Kate Road facility, the police were told.