You won’t want to miss these three tasty salads from Park City restaurants
March 26, 2018
When Cobb Met Fennel
At Cafe Trio, Chef Logan Crew gives the traditional Cobb salad a modern twist by mixing fennel seed into the vinaigrette. The result is a protein-packed meal with an irresistible herbal note.
Cafe Trio Cobb Salad
Arrange salad ingredients on two large plates. In small bowl, whisk together mustard, garlic, egg yolk, and fennel seed. Add vinegar and stir well. Slowly add oil mixture until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Steak Lover's Sensation
Seasonal vegetables, a cut of grilled flat iron steak, and a warm ricotta vinaigrette give Versante's steak salad substantial appeal that would satisfy even the heartiest mountain appetite. This summer it's sure to be a star dish on the restaurant's new patio.
Versante's Steak Salad
Warm ricotta vinaigrette
(makes almost 2 cups)
• 1/4 cup chicken stock
• 2 Tbsp. white wine
• 5 ounces chopped red onion
• 3/4 Tbsp. dried thyme
• 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1/2 cup oil olive oil/canola oil blend
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 1½ tsp. sour cream
Arrange all salad ingredients on a plate. To make dressing, heat chicken stock and white wine until warm. Mix onion and thyme into ricotta. Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and ricotta mix in a bowl. Pour in warm stock-wine mix. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking to emulsify. Finish with salt and pepper to taste, and swirl in sour cream before serving warm.
Squia and seaweed medley
Flying Sumo's Seaweed Salad
Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Place dressing ingredients in a blender and process briefly. Toss with salad ingredients, garnish with sliced cucumber, and serve.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Park City Home
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk