Basin Planning Commission to hold an open house about Canyons Village Master Plan
Commission will meet in special session on Tuesday
April 14, 2017
The Snyderville Basin Planning Commission is scheduled to meet in a special session on Tuesday to discuss the proposed Canyons Village Master Plan.
The Planning Commission is scheduled to host an open house about the master plan at 3:30 p.m. at the Sheldon Richins Building in Kimball Junction. Following the open house, commissioners will meet in regular session and accept public input about the Canyons Specially Planned Area Master Plan and Development Agreement.
Nearly 80 people attended a community meeting in the fall about the plan for developing more than 2.3 million square feet of space. Key elements of the reconfiguration show plans for several more hotels, a parking garage and transit hub, skier plaza, aquatic center, a Village Walk that will include stores, cafes and bars, a new lift to serve as an anchor to the Village Walk and workforce housing units.
The public will also be able to comment on the development agreement for the Aspen Creek Crossing Subdivision and the county's resource management plan.
To view the Canyons Village Master Plan, go to http://canyonsvillageplan.com/vision/.
Trending In: Summit County
- Police arrest Kamas man for allegedly threatening to shoot roommate’s boyfriend
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated man causes a disturbance on bus
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk