Blaze engulfs Wanship home
February 19, 2016
Flames overtook a Wanship home as fire crews from several Summit County agencies battled the blaze on Thursday night.
At around 7:10 p.m., the North Summit Fire District responded to the fire at the single-family home near Rockport Road and Lakeside Drive, below the Rockport Reservoir, in Wanship, according to Tyler Rowser, a public information officer with the North Summit Fire District. Crew members from the North, South and Park City Fire Districts assisted.
When crews arrived the home was fully engulfed, preventing any members from entering the structure, Rowser said, adding that no one was home at the time. However, the homeowner was contacted and arrived on scene.
Rowser said a neighbor reported the incident, but no other structures were threatened or damaged. Crews contained the fire at around 11 p.m. The home is considered a total loss.
As of 9 a.m. Friday, the North Summit Fire District, Utah State Fire marshal and the Summit County Sheriff’s Office were investigating the cause.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s Office allows deputies to grow beards again
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Sheriff’s report: Deputies respond to five suspected cases of domestic violence
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)