Blaze engulfs Wanship home
February 19, 2016
Flames overtook a Wanship home as fire crews from several Summit County agencies battled the blaze on Thursday night.
At around 7:10 p.m., the North Summit Fire District responded to the fire at the single-family home near Rockport Road and Lakeside Drive, below the Rockport Reservoir, in Wanship, according to Tyler Rowser, a public information officer with the North Summit Fire District. Crew members from the North, South and Park City Fire Districts assisted.
When crews arrived the home was fully engulfed, preventing any members from entering the structure, Rowser said, adding that no one was home at the time. However, the homeowner was contacted and arrived on scene.
Rowser said a neighbor reported the incident, but no other structures were threatened or damaged. Crews contained the fire at around 11 p.m. The home is considered a total loss.
As of 9 a.m. Friday, the North Summit Fire District, Utah State Fire marshal and the Summit County Sheriff’s Office were investigating the cause.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Sheriff’s report: Lost hiker quickly found in eastern Summit County
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested