Body identified as Provo man
July 8, 2014
A body found on Sunday, July 6 in a ravine near Upper Setting Road in the Uintas has been positively identified as that of a Utah County man reported missing on June 23, said the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
The body of Eduardo Rodriguez, 28, of Provo, was found by the department’s Search and Rescue volunteers about a mile-and-a-half from an abandoned vehicle registered to Rodriguez. His wallet and ID were in his back pocket.
According to Summit County Deputy Sheriff Justin Martinez, the body is undergoing an autopsy at the state medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death.
There is no evidence of foul play, Martinez said.
"Our hearts and thoughts go out to the family of Eduardo Rodriguez," Martinez said. "Through the efforts of Search and Rescue’s volunteer searchers and people on-site, hopefully [the discovery] will bring closure to the family."
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver