Body identified as Provo man
July 8, 2014
A body found on Sunday, July 6 in a ravine near Upper Setting Road in the Uintas has been positively identified as that of a Utah County man reported missing on June 23, said the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
The body of Eduardo Rodriguez, 28, of Provo, was found by the department’s Search and Rescue volunteers about a mile-and-a-half from an abandoned vehicle registered to Rodriguez. His wallet and ID were in his back pocket.
According to Summit County Deputy Sheriff Justin Martinez, the body is undergoing an autopsy at the state medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death.
There is no evidence of foul play, Martinez said.
"Our hearts and thoughts go out to the family of Eduardo Rodriguez," Martinez said. "Through the efforts of Search and Rescue’s volunteer searchers and people on-site, hopefully [the discovery] will bring closure to the family."
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)