Bountiful teen injured in bike accident
October 20, 2015
A 17-year-old Bountiful teen was critically injured Saturday while biking in the Trailside area, according to the Park City Fire District.
The Park City Fire District responded to the incident on Trailside Drive at 12:02 p.m. after dispatch received a report of an unconscious male. The teen was flown to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray in critical condition. An update on his status was unavailable.
Casey Vorwaller, the Park City Fire District’s public information officer, said the teen reportedly suffered head and facial injuries after attempting a jump on the trail. He was wearing a helmet and alone at the time.
Vorwaller said medical personnel were able to get in touch with his mom, who requested he be flown to Intermountain Medical Center where she works as a nurse.
Trending In: Summit County
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- Vail Resorts awards grants to 35 nonprofits, announces PCMR improvements
- Marketplace: We Norwegians comes to Main Street