Burglary suspects in Jeremy Ranch neighborhood thefts caught
February 3, 2015
West Jordan police have arrested a man and a woman in connection with the Jeremy Ranch neighborhood thefts, after they led officers on a vehicle and foot chase.
Dustin Sherratt, 23, and Jennifer Juergens, 23, both of Cedar City, were booked into the Adult Detention Center of Salt Lake County on Friday, Jan. 29, on multiple charges after leading West Jordan police officers on a short vehicle and foot chase, according to Detective Kevin Fuller, with the West Jordan Police Department.
The suspects were arrested for outstanding felony warrants related to drug charges and were subsequently charged with failing to yield to officers, possession of stolen property, and unlawful acquisition of credit cards.
West Jordan police officers had followed the suspects’ vehicle before losing sight of it. A short time later, officers found the vehicle after it had crashed into a power box, Fuller said. The West Jordan K9 unit was deployed and officers quickly found the suspects, he said.
According to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department dispatch center’s daily logs, a Jeremy Ranch resident was contacted by West Jordan police after her credit cards were found in the suspects’ possession.
"From here we can go down and speak with these individuals and tie the burglaries together," Sergeant Ron Bridge said. "Our detective division is working the case, both with the West Jordan Police Department and independently. It is still under investigation."
Recommended Stories For You
Several vehicles and a home in the Jeremy Ranch neighborhood were burglarized on Tuesday, Jan. 27, with several thousand dollars worth of items stolen.
Residents reported several items missing from their vehicles, including laptops, wallets, purses, and an iPad. All of the vehicles were unlocked at the time of the incident.
Two bicycles, a Cannondale Slice and a Cannondale Evo, totaling approximately $18,000, were also reported missing from a home in the area at the same time.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence