Construction ends on highway between Silver Creek and Wanship
November 18, 2014
The Utah Department of Transportation opened the eastbound lanes of Interstate 80 between Silver Creek and Wanship over the weekend, ending construction on that portion of the highway until next spring.
The construction, which started in June, created new eastbound lanes. UDOT reopened all the lanes on Sunday.
"Right now we will end our work for the season and will renew operations next spring,"
UDOT Public Information Officer Adan Carrillo said.
Carillo said westbound traffic should be back to normal, while the eastbound traffic travels on newly constructed lanes.
Construction on the westbound lanes will begin next year and likely end around the same time.
Recommended Stories For You
"We are basically at our halfway point and construction has been going the way we intended it to go," Carrillo said. "Once we are done with our project, we should be getting done around the same time next year. That’s our plan anyways."
For more information on this and other UDOT projects, go to http://www.utah.utah.gov/projects .
Trending In: Summit County
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Summit County sells affordable unit in Bear Hollow, plans to offer more
- Police arrest Kamas man for allegedly threatening to shoot roommate’s boyfriend
- Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated man causes a disturbance on bus
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts