September 20, 2013
Election registration info
The 2013 General Election is set for Nov. 5, but voters should be aware of the following important upcoming dates regarding voter registration and establishing residency:
Volunteer drivers needed
Summit County is looking for volunteers to drive senior citizens to their doctor appointments in Salt Lake City.
Heather Nalette, Summit County Senior Citizens Coordinator, said the county currently has a volunteer driver program that takes seniors to their appointments. There are a few regular drivers, she said, and a few seniors who regularly utilize the program.
"We are hoping to expand this program to serve a wider population," Nalette said. "I need volunteers who are willing to learn to drive a small bus and drive our seniors to their appointments in Salt Lake."
Recommended Stories For You
Nalette said she hopes to run the bus every Tuesday depending on whether or not seniors sign up for appointments. Any interested individuals would need to go through a background and driving record check and should expect to dedicate four to six hours on Tuesdays.
The program is currently in its infancy, and Nalette believes that is because they have not had enough volunteers.
"Summit County is lucky that this is being provided by the county at no cost to those who use it," Nalette said. "I recently met with Tooele and they request donations in order to keep their program running."
Any individuals interested in volunteering in the driver program as well as any seniors interested in using the service should contact Heather Nalette at 435-336-3014.
OHV checkpoint on Oct. 4
Utah State Parks and Recreation will conduct an off-highway vehicle administrative checkpoint on Whitney Rd. in the Wasatch National Forest on Friday, Oct. 4 from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
All OHVs will be checked for proper registration and display of OHV registration stickers, according to a public notice from Utah State Parks and Recreation. Drivers will also be checked for proper safety certificates or driver’s licenses.
For more information on Utah’s OHV laws and rules, visit stateparks.utah.gov or call 801-538-7220.
Trending In: Summit County
- Potential development now in Coalville City’s hands
- Sheriff’s Report: Four vehicles burglarized on separate occasions
- No timeline for completion of South Summit Facilities Building
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Park City police find skiers outside skiable terrain at PCMR
- Bistro 412 on Main Street to close
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Park City students prep to put on ‘March For Our Lives’
- Park City students demand change as hundreds ‘March For Our Lives’ (w/video)