December 7, 2013
Service Area 3 budget hearing
The Board of Trustees for Service Area 3 (Silver Creek) will hold its 2014 budget public hearing and its monthly meeting on Monday, Dec. 9, at 6:30 p.m. at the Mountain Life Church, located at 7375 Silver Creek Road. The meeting will follow the budget hearing.
To view a copy of Service Area 3’s proposed 2014 budget, visit scsa3.org.
Uintas open for snowmobiling, XC skiing
The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest is open to winter sports activities such as snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Those interested in recreational activities in the Uinta Mountains can contact the Kamas Ranger District at 435-783-4338.
To view which trails are open, visit the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest’s website at fs.usda.gov/uwcnf.
Recommended Stories For You
Nearly 700,000 acres are open to non-motorized winter activities, with 309,000 acres of available wilderness area open as well. Over a half a million acres are designated for snowmobile use across the forest, with over 220 miles of groomed trails, maintained in cooperation with the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation.
The Forest Service also recommends individuals check with the Utah Avalanche Center to view avalanche risks, possible hazards and safety guidelines.
Animal Control website is up
Summit County Animal Control’s website is up and running (summitcountyanimalcontrol.com), and residents can visit the site to view animal ordinances in the county, license a dog and report a missing pet. Missing animal reports are also available on the site and visitors can view animals that are currently in the shelter and up for adoption.
Summit County Animal Control is located at 1745 S. Hoytsville Road in Wanship. Its hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The office is closed Sundays and holidays. To contact the office, call 435-336-3985.
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Vehicles burglarized at Snyderville Basin trailhead near Utah Olympic Park
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space