December 10, 2013
Cabinet shop could re-open
A custom wood-working cabinet business could open in Francis if approved during Thursday’s City Council meeting.
The application is for a conditional use permit for an existing building located at 1703 S. State Road 32 in Francis. According to Francis City Planning Chair Julie Keyes, a Francis resident wants to re-open a cabinet shop in the building, which had previously been a cabinet shop owned by his father.
"He wants to rejuvenate this business," Keyes said.
Keyes said the Planning Commission did pass a positive recommendation on the conditional use permit but asked the applicant to bring certain things up to code. The building is roughly 1,800 square feet, Keyes said.
A public hearing regarding the conditional use permit for the business will be held Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7 p.m. at the Francis City Community Building, 2319 S. Spring Hollow Road. Comments on the proposed application can be made at the hearing or submitted in writing to the City Recorder before 4:30 p.m. the day of the hearing. For more information, call Francis City at 435-783-6236.
Recommended Stories For You
Winter trails etiquette
Mountain Trails Foundation, which says it currently has about 12 kilometers of packed and groomed trails in Round Valley, the Rail Trail and the Snyderville Basin, offers winter trail users a list of winter trail etiquette tips, whether one is out skiing, snowshoeing, snow biking, running or walking a dog. They include:
For more information, visit mountaintrails.org.
Flu vaccine available at three locations
The Summit County Health Department offers flu shots at its three different clinics – in Park City, Coalville and Kamas – every week for $20. Children who are between the ages of six months and 18 years old with no insurance or Medicaid can receive a shot for $10.
Those 65 and older can get a high-dose flu shot for $40 and a pneumonia vaccine for $65. The Health Dept. will bill Medicare.
The Park City clinic, located at 650 Round Valley Drive, gives shots every Wednesday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. or until the vaccine is gone. Call 435-333-1500 for vaccine availability.
The Coalville clinic, located at 85 North 50 East, gives shots every Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m. depending on availability. Call 435-336-3234 for availability.
The Kamas clinic, located at 110 N. Main Street, gives shots every Tuesday 9 to 11 a.m. depending on availability. Call 435-783-4351 ext. 3071 for more information.
For more information on the flu vaccine, visit summitcountyhealth.org/influenza.
Trending In: Summit County
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Police arrest Kamas man for allegedly threatening to shoot roommate’s boyfriend
- Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated man causes a disturbance on bus
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Summit Park homeowners take lead in fire mitigation
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum