January 22, 2014
Powell to host town hall
Utah 54th District Rep. Kraig Powell (R) will host an upcoming legislative town hall meeting to address current issues from the Utah legislative session and to receive input from concerned citizens.
The town hall meeting will be held on Saturday, Feb. 1, from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Park City Library.
Rep. Powell can be reached at his office number, 435-657-0185 or via e-mail at email@example.com .
Help revamp the ReStore
Habitat for Humanity of Summit and Wasatch Counties is looking for volunteers to help revamp its ReStore located at 6280 N. Silver Creek Drive behind Home Depot.
Recommended Stories For You
The ReStore is looking for heavy lifters, organizers, merchandisers, pricers, those who want to learn to cashier, tidiers those who want to have fun and make a difference.
Shifts are available until Jan. 27. The ReStore will be temporarily closed until Jan. 25 while the revamp is taking place. On Jan. 28, the ReStore will have a reopening celebration from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with refreshments provided by Whole Foods Market.
The ReStore also has new expanded hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The ReStore’s number is 435-487-9015.
Nann Worel named to HealthLeaders20
People’s Health Clinic Executive Director Nann Worel was named to HealthLeaders Media’s HealthLeaders20. The organization chooses the top 20 people who have "made a significant difference in improving the healthcare industry."
In an article from the People’s Health Clinic’s website, Worel stressed that the clinic is still necessary even with the Affordable Care Act having gone into effect.
"Even after the Affordable Care Act has been fully implemented, many members of our community will still be without health insurance for a variety of reasons," Worel said. "The People’s Health Clinic has been an important safety net to uninsured residents of Summit and Wasatch Counties since 1999 and will continue to provide high quality care to the uninsured."
The People’s Health Clinic had 9,500 visits in 2013. For more information, visit peopleshealthclinic.org.
Trending In: Summit County
- No decision yet on appeals of the hotel project at the former Colby School
- Ballot for November General Election set in Summit County
- Sheriff’s Report: Kimball Junction man arrested after domestic dispute
- Local legislators dish on the 2018 session and what’s on the horizon
- Taxes are not likely collected on all nightly rentals in Summit County
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive