County Briefs, Dec. 12-15, 2015
December 11, 2015
First meeting about new fairgrounds
Summit County will host a public meeting Tuesday, Dec. 15, between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the Quonset Hut, in Coalville, to discuss an 80-acre parcel in Hoytsville that the County Council is considering as a potential site for the county fairgrounds and a new community event center. The land is located between Judd’s Lane and Hoytsville Road south of Interstate 80. For more information, go to http://summitcounty.org/744/Proposed-Event-Center .
The second required hearing as part of the budget process is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, at the County Courthouse, in Coalville. The Summit County Council has crafted an overall budget of $62.6 million, including $14.8 million specifically earmarked for capital projects. The county’s budget must be finalized and approved on or before Dec. 31.
East Side zoning hearing
The Eastern Summit County Planning Commission is scheduled to hold a hearing about the proposed amendments to Chapters 3 and 4 the Development Code at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, at the Kamas City Office. Planning commissioners recently finished readjusting the boundaries for the new zoning districts that are being considered for the East Side and will now craft the language to uphold the new districts. To view the map when it becomes available, go to http://summitcounty.org/590/Eastern-Summit-County-Planning-District.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Summit County officials have captive audience with state representatives
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics