County Briefs, Dec. 13-16, 2014
December 12, 2014
Coalville and Kamas host holiday parades
Coalville City will host its first annual Light Parade Saturday, Dec. 13 at 6 pm. on Main Street. The event will feature a guest appearance from Santa Claus, a tree lighting ceremony, a prize drawing, and free donuts and hot cocoa.
Kamas will host Christmas on Main on Saturday, Dec. 13, all day. The event will feature a free screening of "The Polar Express" at the Kamas Theater at 3 p.m., a parade with Santa Claus at 5:30 p.m. and visits with Santa at Ames & Ameis, 210 Main St., after the parade.
Christmas Bird Count
The Audubon Christmas Bird Count at Wasatch Mountain State Park is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 3, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Christmas Bird Count provides critical data on population trends and is the longest running citizen science survey in the world, according to a press release.
Those interested in helping count, can register at http://birds.audubon.org/get-involved-christmas-bird-count-find-count-near-you . For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Summit County
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested