County Briefs, Dec. 26-29, 2015
December 24, 2015
A third public hearing regarding the county budget is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 28, at the County Courthouse, in Coalville. Only two hearings are required by law, however, an error was made during the public notification process requiring an additional hearing. The Summit County Council has crafted an overall budget of $62.6 million, including $14.8 million specifically earmarked for capital projects. The county’s budget must be finalized and approved on or before Dec. 31.
County Council meeting cancelled
The Summit County Council meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 30, has been canceled. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be Wednesday, Jan. 6. To view the agenda when it becomes available go to http://summitcounty.org/agendacenter.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January