County Briefs, June 13-16, 2015
June 12, 2015
County master plan hearing
The Summit County Council will conduct a hearing on Wednesday, June 17 at 6 p.m. in the Sheldon Richins Building at Kimball Junction. The hearing will focus on Phase 2, which is intended to address future land uses and patterns of development, of the Snyderville Basin General Plan.
Heber-Kamas Ranger District hosting training day
The Heber-Kamas Ranger District of the Uinta-Wasatch- Cache National Forest will host a trail maintenance training program for volunteers on Saturday, June 20 at 9 a.m. Participants will meet at the Kamas Ranger District office, 50 East Center, before traveling to a trail in the Mirror Lake Highway corridor. Volunteers will need to wear hiking boots, long pants and long-sleeve shirts. Participants are also advised to bring sunscreen, a bag lunch, water and a back pack. Training is limited to 20 volunteers. For more information, contact Caitlin Campbell, Forestry Technician, Trails/Wilderness at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Taxes are not likely collected on all nightly rentals in Summit County
- Mountain Town News: Long-term declines in snowpack, mountain town accessibility and how to be civil on the lift
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12
- No decision yet on appeals of the hotel project at the former Colby School