County Briefs, Oct. 24-27, 2015
October 23, 2015
Driver fires BB gun at car on State Road 32
An argument between two acquaintances led to one man’s back window being shot out while he was driving along State Road 32, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Tuesday, a 34-year-old Summit County resident was arrested and preliminarily charged with criminal mischief. Criminal mischief is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
The call came into dispatch at around 1:30 p.m. from the victim claiming the suspect had shot out his window with a BB gun while driving along S.R. 32. The Sheriff’s report states the BB gun resembled a handgun.
Deputy Brian Debotelho said the suspect fled after the incident but was located with about 45 minutes and taken into custody.
"When the call came out they still had a good idea of where he was and where he was going," Debotelho said.
Recommended Stories For You
Debotelho said the incident stemmed from a personal issue between the two.
Man suspected of trespassing
An unknown man and his dog have been suspected of trespassing on a property in the Silver Summit-area.
Tuesday, the Summit County Sheriff’s Office received a call at around 8 a.m. of a man and his dog trespassing onto private property. The suspect was described as a white male wearing camouflage. He was accompanied by a dog.
The property owners suspect the dog of killing several of their chickens, according to the call logs. Neighbors allege the suspect appears at odd hours, but were unable to identify him.
If found, the suspect is not facing any charges because there is no evidence linking him to the chickens, according to Deputy Brian Debotelho.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County officials have captive audience with state representatives
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Summit County Council may reconsider Rail Trail study
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award