County Briefs: Resource Management Plan open house
March 17, 2017
Public open houses for Resource Management Draft Plan
Summit County is scheduled to host two public open houses later this month to reveal the first draft of the county's Resource Management Plan. The plan covers the county's goals, strategies and objectives for managing water quality and hydrology, flood plains, wetlands, wildlife, noxious weeds, livestock and grazing, and energy resources, among others, on the county's public lands. The first open house is scheduled to take place from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, at the Sheldon Richins Building. The second open house will be from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 30, at the Summit County Courthouse in Coalville.
Those who can't attend are encouraged to provide input online between March 29 and April 14. The open house materials will be available in an online survey that can be accessed by visiting http://summitcounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/4688.
Community Emergency Preparedness Fair
Summit County, the Park City Fire District and Boy Scout Eagle candidate Jack Jorgensen are scheduled to host a community emergency preparedness fair from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Monday, March 20, at the Sheldon Richins Building in Kimball Junction. Representatives from Summit County Emergency Service, American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, Park City Fire District and emergency supply vendors are expected to attend. For more information, contact Jack Jorgenson at 801-446-6898.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Election Day voters in Summit County upset ballots weren’t counted on Tuesday
- Park City veterans honored by the University of Utah for their service
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested