County Briefs: Sales taxes public hearing
October 18, 2016
Sales taxes public hearing notice
The Summit County Council will conduct a hearing with an opportunity for public input at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19, in the County Courthouse in Coalville. Voters will have the chance to provide comments about the two ballot initiatives being proposed to raise revenue to increase transportation services and infrastructure in the area. Propositions 9 and 10 would each add .25 percent to the countywide sales and use tax. For more information about the taxes, go to Summit County's homepage at http://summitcounty.org/.
Cancelled Utah Senior Voice event
Summit County's Senior Services and the Utah Association of Area Agencies on Aging have canceled the Utah Senior Voice event on Tuesday, Oct. 25. Scott McBeth, Mountainlands Association of Governments director of senior services, said the event did not generate enough interest within the community. McBeth said the Agencies on Aging will continue to work with seniors to reschedule the event at a later date.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence