County Briefs: Sales taxes public hearing
October 18, 2016
Sales taxes public hearing notice
The Summit County Council will conduct a hearing with an opportunity for public input at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19, in the County Courthouse in Coalville. Voters will have the chance to provide comments about the two ballot initiatives being proposed to raise revenue to increase transportation services and infrastructure in the area. Propositions 9 and 10 would each add .25 percent to the countywide sales and use tax. For more information about the taxes, go to Summit County's homepage at http://summitcounty.org/.
Cancelled Utah Senior Voice event
Summit County's Senior Services and the Utah Association of Area Agencies on Aging have canceled the Utah Senior Voice event on Tuesday, Oct. 25. Scott McBeth, Mountainlands Association of Governments director of senior services, said the event did not generate enough interest within the community. McBeth said the Agencies on Aging will continue to work with seniors to reschedule the event at a later date.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Deputies respond to five suspected cases of domestic violence
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Woodward Park City slated for Gorgoza Park
- Hoyt’s Peak mine history full of intrigue
- Hotel project at former Colby School property back before the Summit County Council
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken