December 27, 2013
Summit County Attorney David Brickey provided the following information on cases filed in the Third District Court between Dec. 16 and Dec. 23.
Duane Harrison Sandridge, 45, of Coalville, was charged with a variety of crimes stemming from several automobile burglaries, including unlawful possession and use of a financial transaction card, automobile burglary, theft and criminal mischief. Between Aug. 20 and Sept. 24, several individuals in Summit County reported that their cars had been burglarized. Personal items were taken including keys, credit cards, cellular phones and clothing. Sandridge was later arrested on unrelated matters and while speaking to investigators confessed to burglarizing those cars.
Justin Scott Seymour, 29, of Park City, was charged with possession of a weapon by a restricted person, making threats of violence and intoxication. On Dec. 15, officers with the Park City Police Department responded to a report of an individual threatening others with a knife at a residence on Captain Molly Drive. On arriving, two individuals reported that Seymour was intoxicated and had threatened to kill one of them with a knife. Seymour was located in the residence hiding under a bed and obviously intoxicated. Police also found in the residence the butcher knife described by the witnesses as the one wielded by Seymour.
Martin Ceja-Lua, 21, and Victor Perez-Villalobos, 22, both of Planada, Calif., were charged with narcotics trafficking. On Dec. 2, a Utah Highway Patrol trooper stopped Ceja-Lua and Perez-Villalobos on Interstate 80 in Summit County for a minor traffic violation. During the stop, a police canine alerted to the presence of drugs in the car. The trooper searched the car and found 92 pounds of marijuana in two large duffel bags in the back seat and the trunk.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Mountain Town News: Long-term declines in snowpack, mountain town accessibility and how to be civil on the lift
- Taxes are not likely collected on all nightly rentals in Summit County
- No timeline for completion of South Summit Facilities Building
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem