January 3, 2014
The following cases were filed by the Summit County Attorney’s Office between Dec. 23 and Dec. 27. Information was provided by Summit County Attorney David Brickey.
Anthony Martin Lavadour, 59, of Salt Lake City, was charged with drug possession and driving with a measurable controlled substance in the body. On Dec. 18, 2013, law enforcement officers stopped Lavadour on Interstate 80 in Summit County on suspicion of driving under the influence. During the stop, Lavadour was seen chewing a green leafy substance, and the officers found more than a pound of marijuana in his car.
Chad Roswell Salmon, 54, of Centerville, and Jedediah L. Salmon, 28, of West Bountiful, were charged with wanton destruction of protected wildlife. In late 2013, conservation officers with the Division of Wildlife Resources discovered that Chad and Jedediah Salmon had hunted and killed a cougar in February 2013 with a family member’s permit. Officers interviewed the pair and Chad and Jedediah admitted to the violation and turned over the cougar’s skull and skin.
Christian Burk Hughes, 41, of West Jordan, and Mikele Lister, 41, of Salt Lake City, were charged with three counts of fleeing and possession of a weapon by a restricted person. On Dec. 24, 2013, Summit County dispatch received a report from Wasatch County that a possibly stolen Audi had fled from police and was last seen on US 40 heading towards Summit County. Deputies with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office and troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol located and pursued the Audi, trying several times to spike it. Officers lost sight of the Audi and eventually located it abandoned in the Hoytsville area. Footprints in the snow led away from the car and eventually led officers to Hughes and Lister, who were hunkered down near a tree. Officers later confirmed that the Audi was stolen out of Salt Lake County. They also found three knives in the car. Both Lister and Hughes have previously been convicted of felonies and are prohibited from possessing any weapons.
Richard Kilker, 26, of Park City, was charged with drug possession and intoxication. On Dec. 15, 2013, Park City Police Officers arrested Kilker for intoxication. During a search of his person incident to arrest, they found four bindles of cocaine.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Sheriff’s Office allows deputies to grow beards again
- Court report: Kamas man sentenced for unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)