Court Report, Aug. 20-23, 2016
August 19, 2016
According to the Summit County Attorney's Office, the following cases were heard on Monday, Aug. 15, in Third District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Jesse Clay Lewis, 43, of Salt Lake City, entered a guilty plea to retail theft, a third-degree felony. The court imposed a zero-to-five year sentence at the Utah State Prison and a $5,000 fine. The sentence was suspended and the court imposed a 150-day jail sentence with credit for 26 days served.
Susan Haas McJames, 59, of Park City, was sentenced for the offense of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, a Class A misdemeanor. The court imposed a one-year jail sentence. That sentence was stayed and the court placed the defendant on supervised probation for 18 months, ordered her to serve three days in jail, pay a $1,350 fine and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Michael Le Shea Burke, 46, of Park City, entered a guilty plea to criminal mischief, a Class A misdemeanor. Sentencing is Oct. 3.
Tyler J. Hughes, 32, of Park City, entered a guilty plea to possession or use of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor. The court imposed a one-year jail sentence. That sentence was stayed and the court placed the defendant on court probation for 18 months, ordered the him complete 20 hours of community service, pay a $400 fine and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Joshua J. Christen, 20, of Henefer, entered a guilty plea to sex abuse of a child, a second-degree felony. Sentencing is Oct. 3.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Park City veterans honored by the University of Utah for their service
- Election Day voters in Summit County upset ballots weren’t counted on Tuesday
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested