Court Report: Monday, Aug 14, 2017
August 18, 2017
According to the Summit County Attorney's Office, the following cases were heard on Monday, Aug. 14 in 3rd District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Laura Grace Warren, 33, of Park City, entered a guilty plea to attempted driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, a Class A misdemeanor. The court imposed a 364-day jail sentence and a $2,500 fine. That sentence was suspended and the court placed the defendant on court probation for 12 months, ordered her to complete 48 hours of community service in lieu of two days jail, pay a $1,400 fine, and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Cooper Roy Stevens, 27, of Oakley, entered into a 24-month plea in abeyance to burglary, a third-degree felony, and attempted theft, a third-degree felony. The court ordered the defendant to successfully complete Drug Court, and other standard terms and conditions.
Aaron James Job, 28, of Park City, was sentenced for the offense of failure to respond to an officer's signal to stop, a third-degree felony, and driving under the influence, a Class B misdemeanor. The court imposed zero-to-five year sentence at the Utah State Prison and a $5,000 fine for failure to respond to an officer's signal to stop. The court also imposed a 180-day jail sentence and a $1,000 fine for driving under the influence. The court placed the defendant on supervised probation for 36 months, ordered him to serve 30 days of monitored home confinement, pay a $1,560 fine, and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Bradley S. Henderson, 42, of Elkton, Kentucky, entered guilty plea to attempted possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, a third-degree felony. The court imposed zero-to-five year sentence at the Utah State Prison and a $5,000 fine. That sentence was suspended and the court imposed a 10-day jail sentence with no credit for time served.
Donald Renner, 45, of Taylorsville, entered guilty pleas for two separate charges of attempted theft, both third-degree felonies. Sentencing is Oct. 2.
Trending In: Summit County
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Government shutdown impacting federal workers in Summit County
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Sheriff’s report: Heber City man shows up to court on Sunday intoxicated
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide