Court Report, Nov. 23, 2015
November 27, 2015
According to the Summit County Attorney’s Office, the following cases were heard on Nov. 23 in Third District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Ronald P. Giles, 47, of Morgan, entered a guilty plea to violation of a protective order, a Class A misdemeanor. Sentencing is Jan. 11.
John Robert Hockhalter, 46, of Park City, entered a guilty plea to distribution of a controlled substance, a second-degree felony. Sentencing is Jan. 11.
Cheryl L. Shooter, 54, of Bullhead, South Dakota, entered into a plea in abeyance for 12 months to possession or use of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a Class A misdemeanor. The court gave the defendant credit for time served and ordered her to complete standard terms and conditions.
Angelique Dawn Wilson, 44, of Salt Lake City, entered into a plea in abeyance for 18 months to identity fraud, a third-degree felony; five counts of unlawful acquisition, possession or transfer of a financial transaction card, each third-degree felonies; four counts of vehicle burglary, each Class A misdemeanors; two counts of unlawful use of a financial transaction card, each Class A misdemeanors; unlawful use of a financial transaction card, a Class B misdemeanor; theft, a Class A misdemeanor; and two counts of theft, each Class B misdemeanors. The court ordered the defendant be complete 200 hours of community service, pay restitution and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Dustin Loraine Sherratt, 24, of Midvale, was sentenced for the offense of burglary of a vehicle, a Class A misdemeanor. The defendant was given for credit for time served.
Recommended Stories For You
Jessica Marie Brown, 27, of Midvale, entered a guilty plea to theft, a Class A Misdemeanor. The court imposed a one-year jail sentence and a $2,500 fine. That sentence was stayed and the court placed the defendant on court probation for 18 months, ordered her to serve 88 days in jail with credit for 88 days served and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Trending In: Summit County
- Opponents, supporters of Prop 2 press on in wake of medical marijuana compromise
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- EPA awards $120,000 grant to replace fireplaces in Summit County
- Sentencing of Park City man who hosted underage party delayed
- Summit County starts early discussion about spring roundabout project
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Guest editorial: Park City will feel the consequences if we don’t approve the Treasure bond