Court Report: Nov. 26-29, 2016
November 25, 2016
According to the Summit County Attorney's Office, the following cases were heard on Monday, Nov. 21, in 3rd District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Dennis James Monard, 40, of West Valley City, entered a guilty plea to theft, a second-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor. Sentencing is Jan. 9.
Jordan Dean Goodwin, 23, of Roy, was sentenced for the offenses of attempted aggravated assault, a Class A misdemeanor, and damage/interruption to a communication device, a Class B misdemeanor. The court imposed a one-year jail sentence for attempted aggravated assault and imposed a 180-day jail sentence for damage/interruption to a communication device. Those sentences were stayed and the court placed the defendant on supervised probation for 24 months, ordered him to serve 30 days in jail, pay a $250 recoupment fee and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Deputies respond to five suspected cases of domestic violence
- Court Report: Kamas man pleads guilty to unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Woodward Park City slated for Gorgoza Park
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?