Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to assault
June 12, 2018
According to the Summit County Attorney's Office, the following cases were heard on Monday, June 4, in 3rd District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Kambiz Bakhtiari, 37, of Taylorsville, entered a guilty plea to retail theft, a class A misdemeanor. Sentencing is scheduled for July 16.
Vicente Tapia, 19, of Heber City, entered a guilty plea to forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony. Sentencing is scheduled for July 16.
Ezequiel Rangel, 46, of Park City, entered a guilty plea to assault, a class B misdemeanor. The court imposed a 180-day jail sentence. That sentence was suspended and the court placed him on probation with Summit County Probation for 18 months, and ordered him to complete 50 hours of community service and other standard terms and conditions.
Trending In: Summit County
- Opponents, supporters of Prop 2 press on in wake of medical marijuana compromise
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- Sentencing of Park City man who hosted underage party delayed
- EPA awards $120,000 grant to replace fireplaces in Summit County
- Summit County starts early discussion about spring roundabout project
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Guest editorial: Park City will feel the consequences if we don’t approve the Treasure bond