Fugitives on the lam in Oakley
February 1, 2016
As of Monday afternoon, two men suspected of burglarizing a Weber Canyon home earlier in the morning were still on the lam.
At around 8 a.m., dispatch received a report from a man that two unknown suspects had entered his Weber Canyon home through an unlocked door while he was there. The man was unable to tell police if the suspects fled on foot or in a vehicle.
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office issued a code red alert to Oakley residents shortly after 8 a.m. advising them to stay indoors, according to a press release. The code red system notifies residents by telephone of an active situation and advises them to contact dispatch with any information concerning suspicious individuals or circumstances.
The Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help and asking anyone who may have noticed something suspicious in the area the night of Jan. 16 to contact dispatch at 435-615-3500.
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken