Fugitives on the lam in Oakley
February 1, 2016
As of Monday afternoon, two men suspected of burglarizing a Weber Canyon home earlier in the morning were still on the lam.
At around 8 a.m., dispatch received a report from a man that two unknown suspects had entered his Weber Canyon home through an unlocked door while he was there. The man was unable to tell police if the suspects fled on foot or in a vehicle.
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office issued a code red alert to Oakley residents shortly after 8 a.m. advising them to stay indoors, according to a press release. The code red system notifies residents by telephone of an active situation and advises them to contact dispatch with any information concerning suspicious individuals or circumstances.
The Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help and asking anyone who may have noticed something suspicious in the area the night of Jan. 16 to contact dispatch at 435-615-3500.
Trending In: Summit County
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)