Fugitives still on the lam
February 3, 2016
Two men suspected of burglarizing a Weber Canyon home early Monday morning are still on the lam, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
At around 8 a.m. Monday, dispatch received a report from a man that two unknown suspects had entered his Weber Canyon home through an unlocked door while he was there. The suspects stole several items from the home, however, the man was unable to tell police if the suspects fled on foot or in a vehicle. The suspects did not reportedly have any weapons.
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office issued a code red alert to Oakley residents shortly after receiving the call advising them to stay indoors, according to a press release. The code red system notifies residents by telephone of an active situation and advises them to contact dispatch with any information concerning suspicious individuals or circumstances. It was lifted three hours later.
As of Tuesday at 9:30 a.m., the suspects had not yet been found, according to Detective Kacey Bates. However, the men are believed to have left the area.
"With several deputies out there the area was covered and we have reason to believe that they have left the area," Bates said.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to contact dispatch at 435-615-3500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Sheriff’s report: Lost hiker quickly found in eastern Summit County
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested