Girl injured in ATV accident
July 8, 2014
A 16-year-old St. George girl was still listed in critical condition after being injured on the Fourth of July in an ATV collision with a truck in Oakley, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
Summit County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Justin Martinez said no further information on her condition was available.
The girl was a passenger on a Polaris RAZR ATV who was struck by a pickup truck that was pulling a horse trailer.
According to the Sheriff’s report of the collision, the truck was traveling west on Weber Canyon Road and saw the ATV, ahead of it, slow down near East Weber Canyon Road. The driver did not notice any signal lights and drove to the left to avoid the ATV and go around them.
At that point, the ATV turned left toward a driveway on East Weber Canyon Road, and the truck driver slammed his brakes and slid into the left rear part of the ATV.
The girl was taken by helicopter to University Hospital at the University of Utah.
Recommended Stories For You
The truck driver and ATV driver had minor injuries and were taken to Park City Medical Center and released shortly after.
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver