Girl Scouts collect almost 1,300 pounds of food
December 17, 2013
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley concluded their annual "Girl Scouts Fighting Hunger" food drive on Tuesday, Dec. 10, having garnered 1,295 pounds of food donations, breaking last year’s record by 57 pounds.
Girl Scout troops dropped off their food donations at the Christian Center of Park City, having collected them for over a month. Non-perishable items such as canned goods, dried beans, peanut butter and cereals were donated, as were diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and pet food.
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley are comprised of troops in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
Trending In: Summit County
- Gay ski week returns to Park City with increased numbers
- Alterra Mountain Company announces cost of Ikon Pass, access to Deer Valley Resort
- Park City official laments older, wealthier, less diverse demographics
- What it takes to maintain Utah Olympic Park’s bobsled track
- Liz Swaney strives for Olympic spot