Girl Scouts collect almost 1,300 pounds of food
December 17, 2013
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley concluded their annual "Girl Scouts Fighting Hunger" food drive on Tuesday, Dec. 10, having garnered 1,295 pounds of food donations, breaking last year’s record by 57 pounds.
Girl Scout troops dropped off their food donations at the Christian Center of Park City, having collected them for over a month. Non-perishable items such as canned goods, dried beans, peanut butter and cereals were donated, as were diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and pet food.
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley are comprised of troops in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
Trending In: Summit County
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Panelists at TRUCE forum slam state’s medical cannabis law
- Government shutdown impacting federal workers in Summit County
- Senator looks to bring work requirements back to Medicaid expansion
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet