Girl Scouts collect almost 1,300 pounds of food
December 17, 2013
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley concluded their annual "Girl Scouts Fighting Hunger" food drive on Tuesday, Dec. 10, having garnered 1,295 pounds of food donations, breaking last year’s record by 57 pounds.
Girl Scout troops dropped off their food donations at the Christian Center of Park City, having collected them for over a month. Non-perishable items such as canned goods, dried beans, peanut butter and cereals were donated, as were diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and pet food.
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley are comprised of troops in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
Trending In: Summit County
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street