Goldfish, lizard saved in Trailside blaze
October 2, 2015
The Park City Fire District responded to a residential fire on Mountain Ranch Drive in Trailside Friday afternoon.
As of 3:45 p.m. Friday, crews were still on scene. According to Casey Vorwaller, the fire district’s public information officer, the fire was under control and suppression efforts were continuing. The call came in at about 2 p.m.
Vorwaller said the home sustained significant damage and early estimates put it at several hundred thousand dollars. No other structures were threatened.
The residents were not home at the time, but returned shortly after the fire started. Vorwaller said crews were able to save a lizard and a goldfish that were inside the home.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, Vorwaller said, adding "it’s probably going to be a pretty long investigation."
Trending In: Summit County
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)