Goldfish, lizard saved in Trailside blaze
October 2, 2015
The Park City Fire District responded to a residential fire on Mountain Ranch Drive in Trailside Friday afternoon.
As of 3:45 p.m. Friday, crews were still on scene. According to Casey Vorwaller, the fire district’s public information officer, the fire was under control and suppression efforts were continuing. The call came in at about 2 p.m.
Vorwaller said the home sustained significant damage and early estimates put it at several hundred thousand dollars. No other structures were threatened.
The residents were not home at the time, but returned shortly after the fire started. Vorwaller said crews were able to save a lizard and a goldfish that were inside the home.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, Vorwaller said, adding "it’s probably going to be a pretty long investigation."
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver